Ursula von der Leyen’s State of the Union handle is 21 pages lengthy and took the Fee president slightly below an hour to ship.
However a fast phrase search permits for a just-as-quick evaluation of what she considers to be the EU’s fundamental priorities.
Listed below are the ten phrases she stated essentially the most continuously throughout the speech and one in every of her most memorable quotes with them.
- European (21 occasions): “Tens of millions of Europeans want assist”
- Conflict (15 occasions): “By no means earlier than has this Parliament debated the State of the Union with warfare raging on European soil.”
- Market (14 occasions): “Our Single Market is one in every of Europe’s best success tales. Now it is time to make it successful story for our Ukrainian mates, too.”
- Future (13 occasions): “However with Europe’s glaciers melting quicker than ever, future droughts will likely be felt way more acutely.”
- Ukraine (12 occasions): “Europe’s solidarity with Ukraine will stay unshakeable.”
- Firms (11 occasions): “Main oil, gasoline and coal firms are additionally making large earnings. So that they should pay a justifiable share — they’ve to offer a disaster contribution.”
- Gasoline (10 occasions): “Russia retains on actively manipulating our power market. They like to flare the gasoline than to ship it.”
- International (10 occasions): “This is the reason our Union will push for an formidable world deal for nature on the UN Biodiversity convention in Montreal later this yr.”
- Russian (8 occasions): “Braveness has a face, the face of Ukrainian women and men who’re standing as much as Russian aggression.”
- Electrical energy (8 occasions): “The present electrical energy market design — primarily based on benefit order — will not be doing justice to customers anymore.”